Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Almost 1

Madeleine is changing so quickly!  She has started making the face I captured today where she is kinda hiding a smile.  I wanted to take these pictures because I found a way to get her to eat her vegetables, which one day she loves and the next she won't touch......mashed potatoes!  I made dairy free mashed potatoes on Sunday evening and while she has had them before she really liked them this time.  She is her mother's daughter!  I gave her some to eat with her hands along with veggies and then I would dip the broccoli in the potatoes and she loved it!

She has also started mocking the sounds we make.  I'll say "can you say blue?" Buue.  She has book where you talk about the sounds the animals make and she loves to do the chimp says "ooh, ooh, ohh" and when she does it she puckers her lips.  It is adorable!

Another not so great thing she does is throw tantrums.  If I tell her no or take something away and now even if I redirect she will hit or throw something and look at me and make a serious face and say "Ohhhhh!!!!"  Then half of the time she bends fully in half if she is sitting so she is face first on the ground (usually bumping her head b/c she is doing it quickly) and cries.  I think Maddie is going to be very spirited. :)




I also wanted to note that we have totally dropped the 4am feeding and it is a glorious thing sleeping through the night and she is still letting me sleep in, which is amazing!  Right now her schedule is to sleep from 7p - 7a or 8:00 then nurse, eat about 30 min later, play and nap from 10-11:30 or 12.  Then nurse, eat 30 min later, play (or run errands) then nap from 2-4.  Wake up nurse, eat dinner around 5:30-6, and get ready for bed (bath if she needs it) and nurse for the last time around 6:45 when Daddy puts her to bed.

Another note: I took her to the doctor yesterday for a rash that has been coming and going on the bridge of her nose for a few weeks.  She was diagnosed with eczema and so far the aquaphor has been helping so we're hoping we don't need to do cortisone.


It's hard to believe in just 5 days she will be 1!


No comments:

Post a Comment