It's beyond hard to believe that Madeleine is just weeks away from turning 2! I haven't done a milestone update in a long time and I want to get a few things down for memory's sake.
We are now paci free for naptime! The pediatrician really wanted us to be finished with it for good by 2 but I'm just not ready to take it away yet. The good thing is that before naps she will ask in a very sad voice.... "paci??" and I will gently remind her "no, not for naps only for nigh nigh" It works and she will usually let it go. The transition was only really hard for a day or two. She is sleeping from 7-7 sometimes longer and will usually nap for 3 hours...sometimes only 2.
Maddie more and more aware of going potty and will sometimes ask to sit on her potty yet she really only wants to sit there for a second or two. I don't anticipate anything happening for a while.
Swim lessons continue and after our trip to TX it is clear her favorite thing is the slide. When I ask her about her lessons she always says pool and the slide "pooh and lide!"
Things that Madeleine is loving currently are: to "colly" or color, "p-doh" or play-doh, "b dolls" or baby dolls, "gaga" or stroller hers or pushing her babies around in theirs, all animals, "neigh neighs" "monkeeys" "dodies" "caaa" "baa baas" and many more. She loves to say "dood boy doodle" I'm glad she is picking that up not me scolding him all the time. Books continue to be something that she loves to do multiple times a day. She is quite independent and will sit and go through book after book babbling the stories aloud. The best is when she comes to a book that we usually sing together she will sing babble and she always remembers the motions or things we usually point out in the book. Her favorite books are one about a baby and about her potty but thankfully that is changing as we are sick of reading them over and over. ;)
Now that we are outside more she loves her water table, flowers, her slide (of course), and bubbles. She tries to blow bubbles by exhaling through her nose.....strange because she can blow through her mouth.
Just this week we transitioned from the high chair to a booster at the table, which is working out really well. I was having to fight her to get in her high chair so I'm thankful that is over.
I'm still going to the gym a few times a week and she does well playing in the childcare and always runs with a smile on her face when I pick her up.
Here are a few pictures of Maddie taking care of Minnie:
She is a good mama!

No comments:
Post a Comment