Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Solids

I'm making Madeleine's baby food and so far I'm loving it. It's so inexpensive and I love that I know exactly what we are putting in her body.

We started with butternut squash and it made her so gassy we stopped after a few feedings. Next was sweet potato and she loved it! Our pediatrician wants me to feed her 1 food for 3-4 days to rule out an allergy. After sweet potato I moved to carrots and Maddie is not a fan. She will only take 2-3 bites and then she starts making the fussing noise, which means she is finished. We have one more day of carrots and then we will move on.

She also is drinking water from a sippy cup and she loves it! Granny got Maddie a sippy cup that is fairy similar to a bottle nipple and she can suck the water out. Right now I'm only giving her a few sips while she is eating and afterwards to rinse out her mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment