Monday, December 5, 2011

Madeleine's 2nd Cold

After 4-5 days of Maddie not feeling well I finally called the pediatrician today. She is really wheezy and has a ton of congestion in her chest. They wanted to see her and when I took her in Dr. Knights was happy to see Madeleine was still smiley and blowing raspberries.

The nurse did a nose swab for RSV, which luckily came back negative. Dr. K wasn't concerned about the congestion but when she looked in her ears she confirmed what I was afraid of. Ear infection. :( Both Chad and I had a lot of ear infections when we were little and Maddie has already had one (10/11) . She has an ear infection in her right ear and it looked like one was starting in her left. She really didn't have any symptoms besides tugging at her right ear a few times randomly. I guess I know for the next time (man, I hope there isn't a next time) that if she starts messing with her ears that it really means something.

Dr. Knights said that if she has 4 ear infections in a year that she will need tubes. She wasn't too hopefully as she has already had 2 and we are just getting into cold and flu season. Maddie has had 2 colds and each time they turned into an ear infection. We are just going to pray we can get by without anymore colds this winter!

Madeleine goes back in a week for her 6 month well visit so the doctor will check her ears again then. She has been taking great naps and slept for 14 hours (I woke her up 1x to feed her before we went to bed and she woke up once) last night!

Here's hoping little Sweet Pea feels better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment