On Tuesday Madeleine tried solids for the first time. I made butternut squash and we sat down when Daddy got home.
She wasn't so sure at first but she seemed to like it okay
She pushed it around in her mouth awhile and would eventually swallow it and then open it back up when I put the spoon in front of her mouth
After a few minutes she did a shimmy-shake and took a minute and then ate some more. We had a few of those shakes before she acted finished. It was pretty cute to watch and we are happy that she did so well for the first time tasting real food.
Unfortunately, the squash didn't seem to agree with Maddie because after she had it again on Wednesday morning she was so gassy. She didn't nap well and she kept tooting.
I decided to quit the squash early since she had an upset stomach. We'll try it again in a few weeks. I tried sweet potatoes today and there were no shimmy-shakes and no gas!
No comments:
Post a Comment