Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Milestone Update- 16 Months

It's hard to believe that Madeleine will be 16 months old tomorrow.  She is becoming so independent and big that it is unreal.  She loves to say "no" even if she means yes and she loves to dance and play with her babies.  We are doing a music class, which she seems to like and it's fun to see her be social and play instruments.  Her vocabulary has really grown and she will almost always attempt to say the word you are asking her to.  She likes to be mimicked and overall she is a very happy social girl.  

Maddie wakes up from 7-8 and goes down for a nap around 10:30-11 usually but sometimes later.  She generally sleeps for 2 or 2.5 hours and is very ready for bed at 7pm.  I can't complain at all about how she eats but it is very clear she loves loves loves fruit (which we end each meal with).  As far as dairy we started with milk baked in, then cheese, then yogurt when she spit up twice so we backed off and are going to discuss that again at 18 months.  Just being able to do cheese and not worry if it's something baked is so freeing!  I'm happy to continue with soy milk and I really don't feel like she is missing out on too much.

On Saturday I did a craft I heard about on Pinterest where you put food coloring in yogurt and it went pretty well.


Today Jacob was home for the morning so we went to the gym.  When we went to pick up Maddie from the daycare she was crying and had a mark on her face.  By the look of it I think someone scratched or pinched her.....Jacob was ready to kill someone.


Tonight after dinner Madeleine had several kinds of berries, which she gobbled right up.  


Just recently we started using the big bathtub as opposed to her small one and it is going well!   I think other than books her favorite things right now are her babies and blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment