Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Milestone Update

I realized I need to do an update for memory's sake on what Maddie is doing these days.

Madeleine isn't walking but is definitely very strong on her legs.  She can stand on her tip toes and pushes her wagon really quickly, as well as continuing to pull up and cruise around everything.  I have seen her bend at the knees while holding on to something to pick a toy up off the floor.

Anyone who has been around Maddie in the last several months knows she's a talker.  We joke she is a true Sappenfield with her story telling abilities.  Her words now are: dog (first word), Dada, Mama (when she wants something), ball, eye, all done, and an Mmmm sound that we know is more when it is accompanied with furious hand flapping.

Our little girl is definitely a people person.  She loves to talk to and point at people when we are out in public though she only wants to go to people she knows and these days is tending to prefer me.  However, I have found if I hand her to someone and she fusses I can leave the room and she will let it go.  She started noticing kids within the last month or two and she loves them!

Madeleine wakes up around 6:30-7 and naps from 9-10:30, and 2-4, then is in bed by 7 each night.  She eats 3 meals a day and really likes to drink water, which I think is great.  I'm still nursing 3-4 times a day for now.

Her favorite thing right now is books and not even necessarily someone reading to her.  She loves to sit and flip through the pages and look at the pictures quietly.  It is adorable!

We installed cabinet locks this week, which are great!  The downstairs is officially gated off and baby proofed, so that feels nice.

I think M is going to follow in her Daddy's footstep and be into music.  When she hears music come on she will start to sway or if she is standing up she will bob up and down.  Adorable.

The teeth count is at 8 and her hair keeps growing longer and is getting more and more blond.

Hard to believe we almost have a 13 month old!




No comments:

Post a Comment