Tuesday, September 11, 2012

15 Month Appointment

Madeleine turned 15 months yesterday.  Today she had her well visit and it was the hardest one so far.  She fell apart when I put her on the scale, then again when the pediatrician looked in her mouth and ears, and then of course when she got her shots.  The doctor said that 18 months is usually the worst and then it gets easier from there.  I hope so!

The doctor was happy with her height and weight as well as her development!  While we were talking Madeleine was walking around and Dr. Knights was impressed with how quickly Maddie could stand up and then she said she was so flexible.

We talked about introducing milk baked or cooked into food (I made scrambled eggs with milk and all was fine tonight!!).  I'm supposed to do it a few more times and call her in a week to see where we go from there (yogurt and cheese will probably be next).  She also said we could slowly introduce peanut butter but like the milk she wants it to be only with me at home with Benadryl in the cabinet.

Maddie got her MMR and Varicella vaccines today in both arms and the nurse said they sting a lot.  She has been fine since we got home so hopefully she won't have any reaction to it.

Tomorrow we start music class again so I'm excited to see how Madeleine likes it!


No comments:

Post a Comment