Sunday, December 16, 2012

Santa 2012

On Friday morning I skipped the gym and took Madeleine to the mall to meet Santa before the crowds arrived.  She was in a pretty good mood but she definitely had a cold and kept asking for her paci.  I'm really trying to not give it to her except for sleep but I was trying to keep the peace since I knew meeting Santa wasn't going to go well.


We were right that Maddie wasn't happy about sitting on a strangers lap.  As we were standing in line I was talking to her about it and told her she was going to sit on his lap...."no!" she said.








As soon as I picked her up she calmed down and Santa asked her if she liked baby dolls, toys, and books.  He then asked if she would give him five and she did.  It was nice that he took the time to try to talk with her once she calmed down.  I'm sure she won't have any memory of it but if she does I hope it is that he talked to her and wanted to see her smile.

Later that night we got home and I put the pic in a frame near the tree.  When I asked her who was in the pic (expecting Santa or Maddie) she just said "No, no, no!" and waved her hands to get the picture out of her face.  Hopefully next year she will be excited! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment