Wednesday, June 8, 2011

40 Week Appointment

Hello,

I am 2 days shy of my due date and headed to the doctor today for my 40 week appointment. I was glad that Jacob was able to go with me as we both had some questions about how to proceed. Everything is right on track and baby girl's heartbeat was in the 150's. I am still 1cm dilated and 70% effaced with baby at -2 station (meaning she still has a ways to drop down).

We talked about and decided to have my membranes stripped, which could naturally induce labor. It wasn't painful, just uncomfortable so we will see where we go from here. If nothing happens I go back in a week and then once I'm almost 42 weeks I will begin twice weekly non-stress tests for the baby to ensure she is doing well.

We are both hoping she will make her appearance soon and that I won't have to be induced.

No comments:

Post a Comment